TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please take the time to read these terms and conditions. By using Our Website and the Services and information offered on Our Website, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
If you purchase products through our Website, there will be additional terms and conditions relating to the purchase. Please make sure you agree with these terms
and conditions, which you will be directed to read prior to making your purchase.
- DefinitionsServices means Memberships, Group Fitness Classes, Workout Videos
the Website means the website www.citygym.com.au
We / Us etc. means City Gym, Pty Ltd and any subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, officers, agents or assigns.
- Accuracy of contentWe have taken proper care and precautions to ensure that the information we provide on this Website is accurate. However, we cannot guarantee, nor do we accept any legal liability arising from or connected to, the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of anything contained on this Website or on any linked site.The information contained on this Website should not take the place of professional
The Website is made available for your use on your acceptance and compliance with these terms and conditions. By using this Website, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
You agree that you will use this website in accordance with all applicable local, state, national and international laws, rules and regulations.
You agree that you will not use, nor will you allow or authorise any third party to use, the Website for any purpose that is unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent or obscene way or in any other inappropriate way or in a way which
conflicts with the Website or the Services.
If you contribute to our forum (if any) or make any public comments on this Website which are, in our opinion, unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent or obscene or in any other way inappropriate or which conflict with the Website or the Services offered, then we may at our discretion, refuse to publish such comments and/or remove them from the Website.
We reserve the right to refuse or terminate service to anyone at any time without
notice or reason.
- Passwords and logins
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords and login details and for all activities carried out under your password and login.
- Indemnification for loss or damage
You agree to indemnify Us and hold Us harmless from and against any and all liabilities or expenses arising from or in any way related to your use of this Website or the Services or information offered on this Website, including any liability or
expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and solicitors fees of every kind and nature incurred by you or any third parties through you.
- Intellectual property and copyrights
We hold the copyright to the content of this Website, including all uploaded files, layout design, data, graphics, articles, file content, codes, news, tutorials, videos, reviews, forum posts and databases contained on the Website or in connection with the Services. You must not use or replicate our copyright material other than as permitted by law. Specifically, you must not use or replicate our copyright material for commercial purposes unless expressly agreed to by Us, in which case we may require you to sign a Licence Agreement.
If you wish to use content, images or other of our intellectual property, you should submit your request to us at the following email address:
The trademarks and logos contained on this Website are trademarks of City Gym Pty Ltd. Use of these trademarks is strictly prohibited except with Our express, written consent.
- Links to external websites
This Website may contain links that direct you outside of this Website. These links are provided for your convenience and are not an express or implied indication that we endorse or approve of the linked Website, its contents or any associated website, product or service. We accept no liability for loss or damage arising out of or in connection to your use of these sites.
You may link to our articles or home page. However, you should not provide a link which suggests any association, approval or endorsement on our part in respect to your website, unless we have expressly agreed in writing. We may withdraw our
consent to you linking to our site at any time by notice to you.
- Limitation of Liability
We take no responsibility for the accuracy of any of the content or statements contained on this Website or in relation to our Services. Statements made are by way of general comment only and you should satisfy yourself as to their accuracy.
Further, all of our Services are provided without a warranty with the exception of any warranties provided by law. We are not liable for any damages whatsoever, incurred as a result of or relating to the use of the Website or our Services.
- Information Collection
- Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia. Any disputes concerning this website are to be resolved by the courts having jurisdiction in New South Wales.
We retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these Terms and Conditions, in your country of residence or any other appropriate country or jurisdiction.
MEMBERSHIP T’s and C’s
There are no up-front fees and time hold is available on our membership packages.
Time Holds / Cancellations
Time-hold requests must be received prior to your leave. Applications must be received in writing at the counter or via email at email@example.com Please make reference to you member number. Cancellation requests must also be received in writing or via email. You can cancel at reception or send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org As mentioned above, Direct Debit memberships cancellation incur one further fortnightly deduction. If you have any questions about cancellations or are not happy with the service you are given, please contact our manager Sam at email@example.com or on 9360 6247 Cancel anytime after minimum term – call our Manager, Sam on 9360 6247 or email
firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns
Cancel via email, at the counter or via the manager direct – you won’t get the run around by us
Cancellation notification period = one fortnight’s deductions Fee for cancelling 12 month plan early is $113.70 or 3 fortnightly deductions
A $6 rejected payment fee charged by our direct debit providers for rejected debits
CITY GYM 7 DAY TRIAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Offer is valid for first time visitors only must be 18 years or older and acceptable photo ID is required. The user must live or work locally and excludes backpackers. Backpackers are eligible for a different offer available in club.
- Limited to one per person.
- Limited to 7 consecutive days only commencing on the day of the first workout chosen at set up.
- Offer must be set up in club.
- User must read, understand and apply with the club rules.
- User must provide personal details such as: name, birthday, address, phone, email and profile photo taken on site to set up profile in system.
- City Gym may contact you during and after your trial to gain feedback and also offer advice on membership options available to you.
- User must provide an emergency contact.
- User must complete and comply with the pre-exercise questionnaire.
- Offer is not transferable, exchangeable for cash or for individual sale and cannot be used in conjunction with another offer.
REFERRAL BENEFIT PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Offer commences on 27 January 2020 and is available until withdrawn/amended by City Gym at any time.
- This offer is open to City Gym Members on Direct Debit memberships or active Paid in Full memberships of duration of 1 month or more to make a referral.
- The referral Card must be presented to City Gym, prior to the referred friend joining on a city gym membership.
- The referred friend must choose a Direct Debit membership or Paid in Full membership of duration of 1 month or more to be included in the offer.
- Only one referral card can be used per joining member.
- This promotion is only valid for referred friends who have not had a city gym membership prior or those who have had an elapsed City gym membership for more than 3 months.
- The referred friend may join on this offer after a 7-day Trial membership.
- City Gym reserves the right to verify the identity of the person presenting the Refer a Friend Card.
- The promotion allows one free week of membership to the existing member for making the referral, unless additional weeks are promoted in club or online for an additional promotional period.
- The free week will be applied to Direct Debit memberships as a half price fortnightly Direct Debit, or an additional week added to the expiry of a Paid In Full membership.
- This offer is not transferable, exchangeable for cash or merchandise.
- This offer cannot be applied to memberships which are suspended at the time of redemption by the joining friend.